Saturday, May 2, 2009

Focus your Brains

Good News! You now have more time to focus your good thoughts for Katie. She's actually flying out to Chicago this Sunday, and will have surgery later on this week. So, keep that shit coming.

In other news, my bluebird has turned grey, but I still got out on my road bike. It's a Litespeed, but I'm definitely not going that fast. It's great to be out doing something physical, but hard to keep my heart rate below 130. (Which, by the way...Won 29? 129? get it...it's where I'm living my life...sheesh. It's like pulling teeth trying to be clever around you people).

Anyway. You know what sucks? Getting passed by people on recumbents! Seriously. That just happened to me. Do you know how humiliating that is? At least he wasn't wearing sock garters and a pith helmet -- but I'm pretty sure he gave me the finger as he smoked past me at 12mph.

In other Katie news:: if anyone out there has extra frequent flyer miles that you're just going to throw away, please donate them to help out with the travel expenses. Not for Katie so much, but for others that are flying out to Chicago to help out. Hit me up if you can help, and I'll get you in touch with the right people.

chris

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed a bike ride yesterday on a North Carolina bluebird day & did it just for you! Sending only good energy to Katie for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Good for you and thanks!
    I had to work at the Colorado Marathon yesterday, but I'm hiking today.

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 4300 miles (not much I know) on United if Katie wants them?

    ReplyDelete